Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Day After Tomorrow
nForums.net > General > Entertainment
JuniorACT
Well, i saw this movie, and i reccomenden to all go to see it

1.- great effects,
2.- great story (just leave thinking about the Worm Global effects)
3.- E.U. have devastated (hope Bush donīt declared the war to the winds, and hurricans, and Ice :S)
Europe devastated too

What do you think about this movie?

JuniorACT

blink.gif
Rogue Znowman
Haven't seen it yet, but I really want to see it soon.
Ratrap
QUOTE (JuniorACT @ May 26 2004, 03:56 PM)
Europe devastated too

Hey ... i don't like that part sad.gif
Deepone
dont tell too much tongue.gif I'm going to see it tomorra.. smile.gif
Deepone
well, that was quite awesome movie. can recommend it to ppl.. felt so real - after the movie I checked out the sky and saw some clouds there that reminded me of it.. *brr* that was pretty scary moment tongue.gif
*edit* just came to watch it again.. hehe smile.gif BUT - ppl who have seen it.. have you noticed the face on Earth just before the ending texts ?
Boss429
does Canada live on like in most world disaster movies????

like independence day?

I heard it is the best B movie people have ever seen.
TWINE006
Personally, I thought the previews made it seem pretty lame. But, from you guys and other people I know, I hear it's actually a pretty good movie. Look's like I'll have to check this one out sometime soon...
mcelb1200
I was reading in the Weekend Australian that such catastrophic climate change could be a real possibility. Apparently ice-ages are induced by dramatic increases in atmospheric CO2. According to the Pentagon report entitled Imagining The Unthinkable a 20% increase over a short space of time could bring about an ice age, whereas a steady increase of 300% over 150 years would be just fine and dandy.

Anyways, long and short of it is that Australia would still be a beautiful place to live, with a significant increase in rainfall, extension to our rainforests and would become the agricultural heartland of the world.

I just wonder if our buddies in the USA will protect us from the invading hordes seeking access to our agricultural wealth. Maybe we could negotiate a security for food program?

user posted image

Schwartz and Randall refer to the '8200-years-event' from the analysis of Greenland ice cores.
The temperatures shown are values over Greenland in °F and °C.
Source: Pentagon-report 'Imagining the Unthinkable'.
judson70
saw it today ... kick ass movie ... amazing effects ... realistic effects .... lame ass story line .... "please dont use up the earth, it's all we have" crap ... go tto the big screen for the effects, not the plot smile.gif
captbics
I saw it yesterday...I have to agree...plot is somewhat weak...special effects are awesome. Those wave-down-the-avenue shots looking at NYC from above and the cars/buses getting thrown around...awesome attention to detail. You gotta see it on a big screen.

captbics
Messenger
The special effects were good, but I noticed a few errors in it.... the size of the 2 guys compared to the buildings (as they arrive in New York after the wave and snow) doesn't look quite right as the camera moves outward to show the full city view.
Also, the story is so full of holes it would make a good cheese! Like when the wave is coming down the street towards the Library. That wave took 8 seconds to fill half the city, but then it took another 45 seconds to travel the single city block toward the Library - enough time for the young guy to see the wave, run out, get the girl, stand and stare at the approaching wave for about 10 seconds, the run all the way back, up the stairs, and into the building before it arrived? rolleyes.gif
Deepone
it was just on slowmotion then wink.gif
forbin
Just saw it .. Didn't care about the lact of story line .. It was one kick ass movie .. I'd see it again. For those who have the rip and are watching it on their computers .. You're missing 90% of the FX ..
Audiyoda
Good to very good Fx. Stoyline sucked. Acting sucked.

Nothing but propoganda from a German director who's got a global warming fetish. Think about it - are we really heading for the next iceage as those gumba's profess? The state where I live (Michigan) and the lakes that surround it was formed by a glacier that experts agree had to be 1 mile tall to impact the earth the way it did. 1 MILE! Thik about how long that will take to happen - not to mention we've only been cataloging global temperatures for 150 years give or take. How old is the earth? Billions of years? Hmmm....how do we know how long it takes and what it will take to bring on the next iceage. Reality is, we're just visiting - take care of what's yours and all will be well.

And BTW, that 'Pentagon Report' is a phony. It was never commissioned by any United States government agency. It was commissioned by a independant think tank that also works for the Pentagon. It presents a 'worse case scenario' that even it's authors say would almost certainly not happen. To quote MSNBC: "As is customary in military and defense-related projects, the authors describe a worst case scenario (not a prediction) for abrupt climate change," the company said. "They note that 'the purpose of this report is to imagine the unthinkable—to push the boundaries of current research on climate change so we may better understand the potential implications on national security.' Contrary to some recent media coverage, the report was not secret, suppressed, or predictive."

Overall, I give the movie a thumbs down for being overtly dramatic and very bad acting with one screwed up plot. As good as the Fx were, they couldn't help this stinker out of the trash heap.
Sproutme
Since when woolf can break metal fence with his nose
It is ok movie for one time whatch
Deepone
well, actually.. if its loose, and rusty, why not ? smile.gif and it wasnt shown _how_ it actually happened.. but enough of that, dont want to make spoilers wink.gif
Messenger
QUOTE (Sproutme @ Jun 11 2004, 01:11 AM)
Since when woolf can break metal fence with his nose
It is ok movie for one time whatch

I think when his bitch came for the weekly conjugle(sp?) visit she hid a file in the chocolate cake she brought laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jobefx
I saw this last night, it was entertaining but the plot and writing blew, very unrealistic plot, the special effects were very good, and it helped that the movie theater had the a/c on so high that it was freezing in the theater.... brrr...

Jobefx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.