Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Port Logger
nForums.net > Support > Networking
DutchKid
I'm looking for an app that logs all the ports that are used (in and out) on a certain PC. I need it to log the time, date, port (local and remote), service/application and the IPs. I don't have to block it. It's mainly for my Firewall. I'm running a hardware firewall, but I'm not satisfied with my current rules. Does anyone know of an app that does this. The app shouldn't block anything, just log it.

Thanks

DutchKid
Saint26
Not exactly what you are looking for, but may help a little

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Also most software based firewalls have logging capabilities that will log everything you are looking for.

***Edit - use live links in support***
DutchKid
that will probably do... thanks a heap...I know about the firewalls, but don't want to install too much...especialy not a firewall that's gonna take some configuring...
amc
hxxp://download.com.com/3000-2085-10062969.html?part=65960%20&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Its called active ports. Not usre if it does logging but you can do an export of current ports and connected ip's.
DutchKid
I'm using the MS PortReporter. Works a charm. It's a bitch to go through the logs, but I'll survive.

Thanks for the input!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.