Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Monitor down!!!.............
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
boxcrash
I have a 19" monitor, it is a Envision EN985e, well I booted up my computer into the OS and was using this one checking mail and some other stuffs. I looked over at the computer and the secondary monitor just dissapeared like I pulled the plug on it.

I turned it off then back on again, I tried to bring up the menu(osd) for the monitor, I unplugged it and let it sit for a second, then plugged it back in and turned it on, I tried it all it never would come back on and the LED stayed amber instead of ever going green.

What sucks is this monitor is only like 6 months or less old.
When I first got it it flickered once but I thought is was adjusting and warming up or something, it never did it again.
Then yesterday it gave up the fight.
Ah well hopefully I can find the receipt and call them up and stuffs get fixed under there 3 year. wink.gif biggrin.gif huh.gif tongue.gif
judson70
Good Luck on that .... Office Depot is always good on returns for me ... 6 months old though, probably have to ship it to them, pay for return shipping .... by the time you get a replacment, it woul dbe cheaper to get a new one.

Peace

Let us know how it works out for you ..... I'm curious.
DutchKid
I've once managed to repair one myself, but it's quite dangerous with the voltages going on inside....
Messenger
I had a similar issue happen with my second monitor (17") ... was working fine at 1024x768 but then the next reboot it wouldn't come out of standby mode (amber light) - but once I lowered the resolution it came back to life - but now won't go above 800x600
Back2goode
Where did you buy it? Most places will do an exchange on a monitor under manufacturers warranty.
boxcrash
Sorry, yeah I bought it at Staples, some time ago.

Yeah it is completly dead, I could not even reset the defaults using the buttons on it or anything. Usualy the do a self test when you first turn them on saying no cable or signal. I got nothing.

Another thing that sucks is I flashed the BIOS on this box so I could use a 1ghz FCPGA PIII I had laying around, so I put the cpu in and fired it up...it ran in DOS fine and under BIOS, it was detected fine and all that good stuff.......then as soon as you booted into windows, when it got to the F8 advanced load bar in 2K it would reboot and kept doing this over and over until you had to unplug it and let it sit then boot it back up.

I reformated drives with different OS's and same thig ever time, heck I could not even install any OS's with this cpu, it would keep rebooting after "Hit F6" to Installe 3rd party drivers.

So I put the old cpu in and no problems, so its either the Socket or the cpu, cause the old cpu is a Slot 1 PIII.

So yeah good fun I have with my hardwares, so not only do I walk and deal with people all day at work trying to troubleshoot hardware, but I do it when I am not at work too...but you know what, I love it! biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif huh.gif wink.gif
Boss429
i remember some one fixinf one, and got there nose to close to the capacitor and got zapped th rough is nose, .. like i the side of one nostril, throught the nose and out the otherside of the adjacent nostril.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.