Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: which one!!! (video crad that is.)
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
Mr.Looney
Well I am looking for a good AGP 8x video card that is good and cheap.
I like Nivida but ATI is also good. anyway I would like some help. I have a
Geforce 2 now.
TWINE006
I personally am truly disappointed with the entire GeForceFX series when compared to the Radeon 9xxx's. So I'd recommend buying an ATI.

As for specific suggestions, you can get both the All-In-Wonder 9600 and the 9600XT from Best Buy for $199. However, I'm not really seeing a difference between the two on BestBuy's website besides the AIW having TV support and all that... anyone care to enlighten as to what's special about the XT version? It is listed as also having 128MB of RAM, so I'm assuming it's either using a faster processor or better RAM than the AIW...
judson70
THe 9600 AIW Pro ( I have this one) has Dual monitor (plus TV out) for a really kick butt video editing setup if that's you thing (it is mine) and TV tuner built in ( I can watch Southpark while I'm surfing etc) The 9600 XT is the same chip-set but it's run a lot higher speed .. (500 and compared to the AIW 325 or the AIW Pro 400) So it all just depends on wht you want to use it for ... Gaming or Video editing ....

Peace
Messenger
I managed to score a brand new ATI 9600 Pro 256mb today 'cause a mate of mine bought one, only to find that his AGP slot wouldn't accept it (too old). It's just awesome to put it simply - especially compared to the Geforce 2 MX 32mb I had.... it cost him $209AUD and came with Black Hawk Down - he swapped it with me for my old one + $50AUD
Mr.Looney
I was looking to do both Games & Video editing. If I had to choose wich one and the amount of money it is going to cost me then I would go with gaming. I am also looking at the 9600 xt. But I am still not sure yet.

Thanks for the input so far.
Mr.Looney
Back2goode
with 200 bucks you should get a 9800 pro.
Mr.Looney
Does anyone know what the XT stands for. I am thinging I will get the 9800 pro but was just wondering what it stood for.

Mr.Looney
Messenger
QUOTE (Mr.Looney @ Jun 7 2004, 02:31 AM)
Does anyone know what the XT stands for. I am thinging I will get the 9800 pro but was just wondering what it stood for.

Mr.Looney

I think the XT is short for EXTREME
The XT model has a higher clock and memory speed than the Pro (which has a higher clock and mem speed than the SE)
Mr.Looney
THanks for the info.

Makes since.

Mr.Looney
BibleBasher666
You will be very satisfied by going with a Radeon
boxcrash
I agree, Ati, great cards(hardware) and image quality, reliable.....but the feel of drivers, setup and how they normaly need to install sux so bad.

But other than that they are great. biggrin.gif
phish
What you going to do with the system?
2D graphics like video editing or considering
HTPC, try ATI Radeon.
Sn_ake
my advice m8 would be if you can hang on alittle longer, there is new chipsets coming out from nvidia and ati very soon so hang on and wait would be my advice. in the mean time save up some dough and match your gfx card with a amd 64bit processor then would be one sweet sys biggrin.gif .
Deepone
yeah.. and Doom3's passable biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.