Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Member reshuffling
nForums.net > Information & Services > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
PimpScourge
Today I reshuffled a few members accounts based on their activity. Some upped, some did not. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

However, it's sad for me to report that BM is no longer an admin (talked to DK about it) until we hear something from him. sad.gif For now, he's become a VIP member.
wizzard
Thats SAD....
optomos
whata shame....something mighta happened to him. Anyway, thnx for the upp. mucho grasias!
Messenger
I must say I am VERY concerned for BM sad.gif
To hear absolutely nothing from him is very odd to say the least .... and no "final" post saying things might get busy for him or he might not be on much.

BM .... where are you mate?? sad.gif
Bearsland
QUOTE (Messenger @ Nov 24 2004, 11:22 AM)
To hear absolutely nothing from him is very odd to say the least .... and no "final" post saying things might get busy for him or he might not be on much.

I have to say I echo these concerns. sad.gif

BM would never have just upped and left without saying goodbye or giving a good reason.

I understand your reasons for doing it, (security, needing 'working' admins, etc...), but I'm not sure I totally agree with your actions in removing him from Admin status like this. Still, I know you guys have no choice really. sad.gif

Is there anyone out there who is a bit closer to the man and could maybe make some further enquiries into his whereabouts and his current health.

~Bear

btw. Perhaps you may consider the same action with some of the 'absent' and ''lazy' Mods we have about the place too and give their jobs to people more 'worthy' of the position.
FXP7
I HOPE all is well with BM

hes always been a big part of NFM
Boss429
"where for art though Blue_muppet?"

BM and I used to talk about whole piles of things, and for a while now we have all been left in the dark.

I do beleive Krip knows him, and i thought there was a post of krip inviting BM to a party or something a while back. If so, then maybe we can talk to BM through Krip.

i know there are few others that are not around as much as they could be. I know Songi is having a tough time getting free time to do much of anything. I heard he may be engaged...

Maybe BM has something like that going on.
Audiyoda
I've got to echo Bear's well thoughtout words. Well said my friend.
boxcrash
Yeah I have wondered what ahas happened to BM myself.
Me I have been so busy with work and of course my little son, who is suppose to come out soon or they will make him come out Monday..........so the tension and stuffs is high in this house. wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Bdn
True, I have not seen BM in a long while sad.gif
wizzard
QUOTE (Bearsland @ Nov 24 2004, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (Messenger @ Nov 24 2004, 11:22 AM)

I have to say I echo these concerns. sad.gif

BM would never have just upped and left without saying goodbye or giving a good reason.

I understand your reasons for doing it, (security, needing 'working' admins, etc...), but I'm not sure I totally agree with your actions in removing him from Admin status like this. Still, I know you guys have no choice really. sad.gif

Is there anyone out there who is a bit closer to the man and could maybe make some further enquiries into his whereabouts and his current health.

~Bear

btw. Perhaps you may consider the same action with some of the 'absent' and ''lazy' Mods we have about the place too and give their jobs to people more 'worthy' of the position.

Words of Wisdom I wonder why i like you so much. smile.gif user posted image

I think there should be Major Change in hereuser posted image
Bdn
rofl nice smileys
dInferno
I hope BM is ok, and he returns soon.

Boxcrash, hope everything turns out ok with the baby! enjoy fatherhood!
Tozer
QUOTE (PimpScourge @ Nov 24 2004, 01:58 AM)
Today I reshuffled a few members accounts based on their activity. Some upped, some did not. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

However, it's sad for me to report that BM is no longer an admin (talked to DK about it) until we hear something from him. sad.gif For now, he's become a VIP member.

where is BM?
Streetwise
I've shown my concern before about BM and I repeat it. As far as the rest is concerned all has been said.
DutchKid
Although I've been absent for quite a while, I still think of you guys a lot. And I share the concerns of the others. BM is a good guy and he's in my green list! Hope he's doing great, but also hope that we're gonna hear from him soon!!!

I second Bears proposal about the mods and about further enqueries about BM!!
SailCat
I considered Blue_Muppet a friend who was pivotal in my being asked to serve as moderator in the earlier iteration of nForums. I'll try to contact him directly.

~SC
TWINE006
Too bad to hear about BM. He's been an all around cool guy on these forums, and I'm sad to see he's now nowhere to be found.

Hope you're alright, wherever you may be be BM.
Krip730
I'll call him tonight and let you guys know in 2 days when i return.
Bearsland
QUOTE (Krip730 @ Dec 2 2004, 04:28 AM)

smile.gif

I always knew you were a decent bloke. tongue.gif tongue.gif
Streetwise
QUOTE (Bearsland @ Dec 2 2004, 10:48 AM)

smile.gif

This has the ingredients of a nice soap. Don't disappoint me guys biggrin.gif
Boss429
QUOTE (Streetwise @ Dec 2 2004, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (Bearsland @ Dec 2 2004, 10:48 AM)

smile.gif

This has the ingredients of a nice soap. Don't disappoint me guys biggrin.gif

Ohh Yeah !!! IRISH SPRING SPORT type SOAP!

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
wizzard
QUOTE (DutchKid @ Nov 29 2004, 08:55 PM)
BM is a good guy and he's in my green list!

Wonder whos on your Black list.......user posted image
boxcrash
Yep, thanks, not to get off topic as soon as I get the chance I will start a thread and post pics of my boy.

He was born 11/29 at 3:28am; Nathanael, 8lbs. 14oz, 21 3/4" long.
he is a bunch of fun and a bunch of sleepless times too. biggrin.gif dry.gif
mcelb1200
umm... kinda missed the boat. but BM when you do return here's my $0.02 worth saying you're missed!

cheers!

mcelb1200
SailCat
My Email to Blue_Muppet didn't bounce but didn't get a response, either.

Any word, Krip?

~SC

mcelb1200
well, you don't have to bounce unaddressed emails. You can just let them disappear into the cyber-ether. So maybe the account is down and bouncing is turned off? (that's what I've done on some of my servers)
SailCat
Thanks for the clarification, mcelb.

It has been my experience that an Email sent to an address which no longer exists will be returned with a 'Failed' notice, however. That's what I meant by 'bounce.' I get a notice after 72 hours if the Email is delivered to an active address but remains unopened. An email to a fictitious (or mis-typed) address generates an instant error and won't be sent.

My concern, however, is with regard to the status of our mutual friend.

If something happened to cause him to abandon nForums, I'm indifferent to his justification or motivation for leaving. B_M has shared openly with the community in the past regarding some rather disturbing health problems. I'd just like some assurance that he's is OK ....

~SC
Krip730
i'll try calling his mobile again tonight.

- Krip730

Deepone
hm.. that sounds a bit bad. hope he will get well soon...
mcelb1200
QUOTE (SailCat @ Dec 10 2004, 01:03 AM)
Thanks for the clarification, mcelb.... [edit]

My concern, however, is with regard to the status of our mutual friend.....

mine too, not trying to be an arse, just helpul. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mystified as to his disappearance. I'm hoping he's okay.
Rogue Znowman
I hope he's well, and turns up soon at least to say hi and put the community at ease.

I have to admit that I haven't been by here as often as I use to, but I still drift in on a semi-regular basis to make sure you're all behaving. wink.gif
zoyoff
Hi all,

I have been in and out of the country for my work. I will try to contribute more as time flies so fast. I havbe been working about 18 hours a days for the past two month sad.gif .

But after the holidays every thing should go back into place.

Regards.

All the best for the upcomming year and all of my hope and simpaty to the people of South Asia.....

ZoyOff
Messenger
Well it's now been a month since Krip was going to try calling BM again .... any news??? sad.gif unsure.gif
Puff on This
Just my 2 cents. I have been comming to this board every now and then since the days when this used to be linked with imagine. (that is how I found it)The one thing I have notice is the ranking system. I've noticed alot of the same names. Example ... wizzard, blue muppet, krip 730 I remember when he ran this joint now he's a newbie? just out of respect he should get some better access. I asked to move up, but I was denied so quick with my 2 post, but we forgot the fact that this page board has lost it's info so many times. I remember when chit chat got like 30 posts a day now it gets 2 a day if lucky. Point being your rules and rank system make people not want to be here, some people may not have the chance to come here everyday and wish they could. So, I guess this will disappoint the mods, and now I'll be bannned. I guess that is how it goes here.
Messenger
QUOTE (Puff on This @ Jan 20 2005, 02:38 AM)
Just my 2 cents. I have been comming to this board every now and then since the days when this used to be linked with imagine. (that is how I found it)The one thing I have notice is the ranking system. I've noticed alot of the same names. Example ... wizzard, blue muppet, krip 730 I remember when he ran this joint now he's a newbie? just out of respect he should get some better access. I asked to move up, but I was denied so quick with my 2 post, but we forgot the fact that this page board has lost it's info so many times. I remember when chit chat got like 30 posts a day now it gets 2 a day if lucky. Point being your rules and rank system make people not want to be here, some people may not have the chance to come here everyday and wish they could. So, I guess this will disappoint the mods, and now I'll be bannned. I guess that is how it goes here.

Puff .... mate .... ohmy.gif
I'll try to write my response without sounding condenscending so don't take anything I'm about to write too hard.
Don't forget that the board was down for quite a while. Many of the previous regular contributors to the Chit Chat section may not even realise it's back up. On top of that, our personal lives have changed as time has gone on as well.
Some have gone away to college/university and have limited if any net access.
Some are off fighting in a war. sad.gif
Some have gotten married / had kids and simply don't have time
Some have just grown out of the scene
Krip's ranking is probably just a simple oversight and it appears he hasn't had a lot of time to get on here anyway - hopefully 'cause his business is going so well - so I doubt he's too worried about ranking. It's really up to him to ask for an upgrade on his account though isn't it?
Your post seems to convey more resentment towards the mods/admins than is warranted. They didn't HAVE TO resurrect the board at all, but they wanted to because they enjoyed the community we used to have. They finance it out of their own pockets and I personally thanks them for giving us a forum to shoot the breeze. I think the moderation of these forums is the most relaxed of ANY forum I'm a member of. I am a Moderator of a car enthusiast forum and I can honestly say, the guys here let us get away with A LOT! biggrin.gif So they set some rules regarding not asking for an upgrade too soon for all members, and they've followed it to the letter no matter who it is .... not an unfair call. I'm sure if you simply asked again after you posted a few times there wouldn't have been an issue. Your last 2 sentences make you sound like a bit of a spoilt child who didn't get a lolly though laugh.gif
Bearsland
Messenger pretty much covered things with his reply, so there isn't really much to add, but I will say this:

Puff, your post was fine and everything you said will be noted by the Mods/Admins. You did spoil it a bit with this last bit...
QUOTE (Puff on This @ Jan 20 2005, 03:38 AM)
So, I guess this will disappoint the mods, and now I'll be bannned. I guess that is how it goes here.

That simply does not happen here at nFm. Nobody gets banned just for stating an opinion; it never happened in Krip's day and probably won't ever happen.

~Bear cool.gif
Boss429
here here. I agree Bear.

lokal
It's really up to him to ask for an upgrade on his account though isn't it?

upgrade please! tongue.gif
TWINE006
Well said Messenger.

Now, I've been to some fascist doomsday forums before where the staff really would ban you for arguing with their opinions... this place is far from that. You'll only get the boot here if you deliberately work against the entire community and do not contribute postively. I think the point of the post-before-upgrade rule is simply to reduce the number of fools sitting in a high status with a post count of 1 per year (if you come to the board once a year... obviously you have no need for high status). It isn't meant to discriminate or be unfair to anyone. I mean, if you think you've been wronged in some way or something, I'm sure a discussion with the staff would put the issue to rest. And yeah, the place is a lot quieter than in past times... but the board has gone down all together on more than one occasion, losing some of its members each time. Sad really... but there's little that can be done except try to attract some new people to our cause, lol. Unfortunately, the majority of true posters around here are oldbies (no offense to your age, Bear tongue.gif) that have been around for awhile. Who knows, maybe a golden age of posting is right around the corner.
Deepone
yeah.. and we all should tell our old friends from here to come here again, to tell them its up & running again smile.gif but it's true that all of them won't anymore have time for this, but even if its sad we shouldnt blame them a bit - at some point we all will have something else to do. it would be pretty weird to stay here all nights during honeymoon for example.. thought I guess some of us would do that too wink.gif
and well, about the ranking system.. its like its been said, keeps those 1 message posters away. the rules do have a meaning behind them smile.gif all of them. it might be it delays the age of lotsa posts, but.. I think it will increase the quality of those posts a lot at the same time smile.gif make the conversations more fruitfull. and so on.
well, I'm off soon.. have to make some food smile.gif have the weekend free..
Puff on This
QUOTE (Messenger @ Jan 19 2005, 09:35 PM)
Some are off fighting in a war. sad.gif

Yes I know, I was one of them. I only got to post 1 time that last year. Kind of hard to get computer time in bagdad wink.gif
QUOTE (Messenger @ Jan 19 2005, 09:35 PM)
Your last 2 sentences make you sound like a bit of a spoilt child who didn't get a lolly though  laugh.gif

Sorry about that childish comment. Sorry it was just a rant hope you all didn't get to offended. and I do take the fact that someone else provides the money to keep these boards running. Thank you biggrin.gif
SailCat
Well ... I'm glad we got that cleared up. <hi, puff>

So ... is there anyone who actually knows Blue_Muppet in the real world? Is he OK and among those who have just moved on to other diversions?

I don't care if he is no longer interested in nFm, but would like some assurance that he's alive.

Thanks!

~SC
Pikaporeon
I take it you read this before his Im Back thread biggrin.gif
Firewiz
Well, I cant tell you how much I miss this place in its hey day! Im as guilty as another of not being here! My excuses can go on forever...but my newest...home and family probs. Im getting my marrriage back on track and my cyberworld has deinately taken a back seat. Im sorry. I am always lurking...and I will give help when I can. You guys are doing great keeping us still alive!!!!

"Don't bury me, I'm still alive"
Streetwise
"Don't bury me, I'm still alive"

We are here to praise Firewiz, not to bury him biggrin.gif Nice to hear from you mate. As I see it (yes, here we go again) what we need is a replacement for Dutchkid who resigned as an admin. Pimp can't run this place on his own since he's too busy working weekends and all that. I would have gladly volunteered for the post of admin but I'm not technical at all. I can just post some stuff and that's it. So guys, any suggestions, volunteers etc. as far as the admin thing is concerned.
Streetwise
PS. If you think you are the right person to replace DK but are too modest to say it here I suggest you pm Pimp.
Firewiz
I really dont have the time at the moment to give much of myself to that...Im sorry...you would know whos here are not that are much more eligible than i.
Pikaporeon
To be honest, I have the time, but not the responsibility. I'm a good ten years below the average age and what not...

Maybe a mod to replace someone who gets promoted, but I doubt I'd be a good administrator here.
Firewiz
QUOTE (Firewiz @ Nov 16 2005, 05:55 PM)
I really dont have the time at the moment to give much of myself to that...Im sorry...you would know whos here are not that are much more eligible than i.

I should really read the shit I type...talk about a run on fuck up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.